With your wedding day fast approaching, you want your hair to be just perfect on the day, so the essential key is all about preparation. To make sure that your hair is in the best possible condition to be styled on your wedding, here are a few of our best tips.
- Book in for a hair cut about a month before your wedding day, as this removes any split or dry ends and freshens up your hairstyle.
- Two weeks before your wedding, you can treat yourself to a deep conditioning treatment at your local salon to make sure that your hair is in tip top condition.
- If you colour your hair, have it refreshed about a week before your wedding day, so it has time to settle down.
- Wash your hair the day before your wedding, not on the day and use minimal conditioner. Your hair needs to be clean and freshly washed, but too much conditioner can upset your styling.
- Mousse is the one product that you could use after it’s been washed, as this helps to maintain your style, if you are using a curling iron or flat iron.
- Consider booking in for a blowout at your local salon on the same day that you wash your hair. This will give your hair a lovely bounce the next day, needing only a touch up and quick styling to take you down the aisle.
- For fine hair, it’s a good idea to use a volumising shampoo, following by a micro crimper to the roots once it’s dry, as this will give a lift to your hair and prevent it lying flat.
- For very curly hair, it’s important to use minimal conditioner and book in for that blow out, which will help to avoid frizzy hair on the big day.